JCRS - Site Map
- Jewelry 101 Workshop for Agents, CSRs, Underwriters, and Adjusters, our popular one-day training program certified for 8 hours C.E. credit.
- Jewelry claims mitigation services that enable companies to reduce losses, streamline processing, and improve customer satisfaction
- FREE Claims Settlement Audit that can show insurance companies how much they overpaid jewelry settlements and point to solutions for reducing them.
- Jewelry Replacement Services that can offer cost-saving alternatives to paying out questionable claims.
- Salvage & Recovery Services, JCRS’ outsource service for third-party settlement estimates.
- Award-winning software solutions that streamline claims handling and reduce processing costs.
- ACORD-JCRS XML Jewelry Standards that systematize and help produce the most complete and accurate appraisals for insurance purposes.
- Jewelry Insurance Manual, the most complete and authoritative jewelry insurance manual for the industry available.
- Jewelry Insurance Issues, JCRS’ FREE monthly electronic newsletter.
- Certified Insurance Appraiser (CIA)™ training, our 4-day training program that prepares qualified jewelers for the Certified Insurance Appraiser™ designation sanctioned by the insurance industry’s ACORD Jewelry Standard.
- CIA™ Appraisal Software, a useful, computer-assisted appraisal generation system that prepares appraisals to insurance industry standards.
- Jewelry Appraisal Standards, a common appraisal standard for both the jewelry and insurance industries.
- Jewelers Block Inventory System, an easy-to-use record keeping system that addresses the typical problems associated with Jewelers Block inventory and record keeping requirements
- Jewelry Inventory Manual provides a uniform classification and reporting system for the jewelry industry
- Jewelry Insurance Issues, a free, monthly e-newsletter that highlights a relevant jewelry issue that’s important to jewelers, insurers, and consumers.
- Introduction to jewelry
- Jewelry appraisal and jeweler credentials
- What you need to know about precious metals
- What you need to know about diamonds
- What you need to know about colored gemstones
- Comparison shopping for diamonds and colored gemstones and a Comparison Shopping Checklist (pdf)
- Gem treatments you should be aware of
- Gem Scams to avoid: huge discounts and investment gems
- About JCRS
- JCRS Founder
- JCRS History/Milestones
- Contact JCRS
Each month we write about a jewelry insurance issue of importance to insurers and jewelers. We started in January 2000 with a newsletter about deceptive pricing. Subsequent issues have covered topics such as synthetic gems, fracture-filling, bogus appraisals, salvage, partial-loss, and gem scams. Please see the table of contents on the left side of each newsletter for all the topics we've covered and feel free to browse through the newsletters. We'd be happy to send you an e-mail to let you know when each new issue is published — and we won't share your e-mail with anyone.