Certified Insurance Appraiser™
Distinguish yourself and elevate your professional qualifications to a level that few others have attained.
Our exclusive 4-day program gives you the advanced training necessary to accurately and professionally prepare jewelry appraisals for insurance purposes to exacting insurance industry standards. If you hold a GG, FGA+, or equivalent* degree, and you have three years of practical jewelry experience, you qualify for training that could lead to new sales opportunities.
Do you know...
- Jewelry appraisals “for insurance purposes” constitute the vast majority of appraisals jewelers are asked to provide. Yet, until now, there has been no specific insurance training available.
- Consumers and insurance professionals alike are better informed about the jewelry industry than you may think. They are seeking competent and trustworthy jewelry professionals who know how to perform complete and accurate appraisals for insurance purposes.
- Consumers and insurance professionals who need certified insurance appraisals represent new sales potential and could even give you “preferred provider” status as a Certified Insurance Appraiser™.
- Inflated appraisals, an unfortunate but common practice, hurt everybody — consumers, insurers, and eventually the people who provide them.
JCRS, through its Jewelry Insurance Appraisal Institute (JIAI), offers a 4-day training program to train jeweler/appraisers in appraising jewelry to insurance industry standards. Graduates receive a CIA™ diploma and are recognized by the insurance industry as Certified Insurance Appraisers™ for jewelry.
About the Course
- This comprehensive program focuses on jewelry appraisals for insurance. The course is taught by insurance professionals and focuses on appraisals that are written to the insurance industry’s JISO/ACORD standard.
- You will learn what information a jewelry appraisal should contain, how it should be written to be most effective, and how the appraisal is used in insuring jewelry, settling claims, and ordering replacements.
- You will also learn basics of the jewelry insurance business, which will enable you to understand how jewelry is insured and why an appraisal for insurance differs from other kinds of appraisals.
- You will learn how to market your CIA skills to consumers and insurance professionals, and you'll gain access to special promotional tools.
- The course looks at the appraisal's role as a bond of information and good will between jeweler and insurer, as well as between jeweler and customer.
- Course Prerequisites - GG, FGA+ or equivalent* degree
with three years practical jewelry experience.
* Equivalent degree is as determined by Gem-A (Gemmological Association of Great Britain) through an equivalency exam administered by Gem-A.